THE NEW GRAPHICLY LAUNCHES TODAY!
The new Graphicly website launches today! It looks a lot better and has a ton of new functionality. The new Graphicly website continues our work with evolving the digital comics experience. As we continue to embrace HTML5, our browser based comic reader gets a major update as well as the complete redesign of the Graphicly website, continuing our commitment to the comics community. In addition, we take a major step in supporting creators and providing tools to share their stories digitally, by enabling our browser based comic reader to be easily shared, embedded and distributed.
New site features:
- Brand new site design
- Our Web Comic Reader is now embeddable and distributable - so every comic can be embedded on another site or blog, essentially a YouTube for Comics. So creators can now embed and sell their comics on their own sites, as well as fans can share the comics they love.
- New community section with user profiles complete with social activities and tracking (i.e. follow other users, see what others are reading etc).
- Comics, characters and creators database that is searchable and linked to the comics they appear in.
- Enhanced social functionality (Facebook powered comments on comics etc).
- Our Android app also was updated this week to now include user profiles and social/activity stream information about the users in our community.
Some additional recent facts about Graphicly:
- The Graphicly user base has doubled since January 2011
- 1 comic book is downloaded per minute
- Every book purchased on Graphicly is read 3.8 times
- Every social action made by a user (comment, like on Facebook, etc) is seen on average 400 times by other fans and friends